Welcome to the Official BKFA Licence page where you can apply for a new licence or renew an expired one.
The new BKFA Licence process has now been running successfully by Guardian, Pete Hornby, for one year.
The new Licence book has created much interest and demand from new and old students.
The efficient quality process aims to deliver with a 10 day turnaround.
The BKFA is a member of the Government approved body, British Council for Chinese Martial Arts (BCCMA).
The BCCMA was set up in accordance with the UK Sports Council’s guidelines in 1973 and was granted Sports Council Recognised Governing Body status in 1980. The BKFA is responsible for ensuring all its members to have student membership through the Governing Body.
The benefits to BKFA members of being affiliated to the BCCMA;
- The BKFA accepted as being an authentic Chinese system.
- Reassurance to the general public that the BKFA has been accepted as having fulfilled technical and safety requirements. People wishing to take up Chinese Martial Arts have the guarantee that member organisations meet all of the necessary health and safety standards and that their system, teaching and techniques are of genuine Chinese origin.
- As a member of a Sports Council recognised Governing Body, BKFA clubs will have easier access to Local Authority Sports Centre facilities.
- Member to member insurance cover.
It is very important that every BKFA member has a current licence so that they:
- Can undertake training of BKFA syllabus
- Can undertake gradings
- Can get a discount for the annual BKFA Summer Course
Click here to Download Licence Form